click headings to expand sections
Welcome to the official website of the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce.
We have placed much energy and enthusiasm into the development of this website that is geared towards facilitating information on the Ministry, our various agencies and programmes.
Our Ministry, being a dynamic one, is continually undertaking initiatives and undergoing modifications in order to improve the quality and delivery of our services.
The creation of this website is one such initiative in keeping with the objectives of the Ministry to formulate and design policies, programmes and strategies geared towards promoting industry, investment and commerce, while creating a business environment that is secure, stable, transparent and responsive to the needs of all players, small or large.
This website is, therefore, a gateway to useful information on the programmes, services, roles and functions of the Ministry, the services we provide, and the legislations and policies under our portfolio.
We hope the information provided will be of assistance to you and invite your comments/feedback, as we continually seek to improve the quality, content and appearance of our website.
- Perform an overall oversight role of the portfolio, set priorities and allocate financial and other resources accordingly
- Provide the policy framework and strategic direction for the operations of Divisions, Agencies and Departments, and monitor performance
- Pilot the promulgation and amendment of legislation and regulations which guide the work of the Ministry, its Agencies and Departments
- Promote and facilitate the development of the industry and small business sectors
- Facilitate the export and import of goods and services
- Implement Jamaica’s trade remedy laws in a fair, transparent and expeditious manner
- Provide an efficient service for the regulation and registration of businesses, as well as cooperatives and friendly societies
- Promote fair competition and encourage ethical business practices
- Promote product reliability through the establishment and monitoring of standards
- Endure the wholesomeness of products entering commerce
- Protect the rights of consumers
- Protect Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs)
- Contribute to Jamaica’s readiness for the investments, business expansion and operation within a networked world in order to increase competitiveness, diversify exports and expand productive employment